Carpenters work in various construction, residential or commercial buildings in Canada. They help in the measuring and cutting of materials, shaping and joining of woods, estimation of the required materials for required installation, and the proper care and maintenance of carpentry tools and machines.
The duties and responsibilities required of various Carpenters vary depending on the industry.
We have various industries in Canada with job openings for Carpenters. Workers in the country receive hourly payment of around $30.80 per hour.
Working in the position doesn’t necessarily require previous experience depending on the industry? Although, having previous experience in a relevant field would definitely serve as an added advantage for the applicant.
The requirement is not limited to have previous relevance in related work settings but applicant are also required to able to work efficiently without any hassles whether independently or as part of a team, have critical and analytical skills as well as able to work deciduously in various work settings
|Required Educational Qualification||Minimum of high school diploma|
|Employment type||Full-time and part-time job opening|
|Salary||$30.80 per hour|
Job Duties and Responsibilities
The duties and responsibilities of a Carpenter vary depending on the settings and the industry. However, below are some of the common duties of a Carpenter.
- Measuring and cutting of materials
- Shaping and joining of woods
- Estimation of the required materials for required installation
- Proper care and maintenance of carpentry tools and machine
- Adhering strictly to health and safety procedures and protocols
- Perform all other assigned duties
Job Skills and Requirements
The skills and requirements of a Carpenter vary depending on the settings and the industry. However, below are some of the common requirements for applicants for a Carpenter position.
- Minimum of high school diploma
- Previous experience in related field will be an added advantage
- Able to work efficiently as part of a team and independently
- Critical and analytical skills
- Able to work deciduously in various work settings
- Strong and energetic
- Reliable and trustworthy
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills