Fruit pickers work in various agricultural and farm industries in Canada. They help in the picking of fruits and vegetables, the sorting and packing of harvested fruits, and the preparation of harvested fruits and vegetables for shipment.
The duties and responsibilities required of various Fruit Pickers vary depending on the industry.
We have various industries in Canada with job openings for Fruit Pickers. Workers in the country receive an hourly payment of around $17 per hour.
Working in the position doesn’t necessarily require previous experience, depending on the industry. However, having previous experience in a relevant field would definitely serve as an added advantage for the applicant.
The requirement is not limited to have previous relevance in related work settings but applicants are also required to be able to work efficiently without any hassles, whether independently or as part of a team, have critical and analytical skills as well as able to work deciduously in various work settings.
|Required Educational Qualification||Minimum of high school diploma|
|Employment type||Full-time and part-time job opening|
|Salary||$17 per hour|
Job Duties and Responsibilities
The duties and responsibilities of a Fruit Picker vary depending on the industry. However, below are some of the common duties of a Fruit Picker.
- Picking of fruits and vegetables
- Sorting and packing of harvested products
- Preparation of harvested fruits and veggies for shipment
- Running of quality check on harvested fruits and veggies
- Adhering strictly to health and safety procedures and protocols
- Perform all other assigned duties
Job Skills and Requirements
The skills and requirements of a Fruit Picker vary depending on the industry. However, below are some common requirements for applicants for a Fruit Picker position.
- Minimum of high school diploma
- Previous experience in related fields will be an added advantage
- Able to work efficiently as part of a team and independently
- Critical and analytical skills
- Able to work deciduously in various work settings
- Strong and energetic
- Reliable and trustworthy
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills