USC Global Taiwan Institute Research Scholarship in USA 2022
Deadline: June 15
Scholarship in USA
The Global Taiwan Institute is pleased to offer Research Scholarship for American Researchers. Through this scholarship, the Global Taiwan Institute hopes to encourage a new generation of scholars and policy practitioners to pursue research about Taiwan that is informed by their experience with the island’s democracy.
The Global Taiwan Institute hopes to encourage a new generation of scholars and policy practitioners to pursue research about Taiwan that is informed by their experience with the island’s democracy.
- Scholarships are available to pursue research.
- GTI serves as an incubator for policy research and analysis that approaches Taiwan for its unique political, economic, historical and cultural context. To this end, GTI has established the Taiwan Scholarship, which will fund field research in Taiwan by American researchers.
Amount of Scholarship:
Scholarship recipients will be granted $10,000 to conduct field research in Taiwan for a term of up to one year. Upon awardees’ return to the United States, they will submit a written report of their findings. Additionally, awardees will be enrolled as non-resident fellows at GTI so that they may continue building upon their experience to advance greater public understanding about Taiwan and its people with the United States.
Who Can Apply for this Scholarship?
The following criteria must be met in order for applicants to be eligible for the scholarship:
- American researches and postgraduates with a demonstrated interest in scholarly research related but not limited to Taiwan’s democratic development, politics, security, international relations, economy and social changes are welcome to apply. Preference will be given but not limited to researchers who have never traveled to Taiwan. Doctoral students conducting dissertation field studies are also encouraged to apply.
- Please note that applicants must identify and secure a partner institution in Taiwan prior to departure. Applicants should seek supplementary funding if the Taiwan Scholarship is insufficient.
College Admission Requirement
Entrance Requirements: Applicant must have previous their degree.
How to Apply for this Scholarship?
Please submit the following materials via one email
- Project Proposal: the proposal should briefly describe the purpose of the project, identify the local institution s and location s where the project will be conducted, background and scope of the project, methodology, research questions to be answered, expected outcomes and significance of the project.
- Project Timeline: State the starting date, benchmarks for progress and estimated completion of the project.
- Budget: Include a narrative explanation of how the scholarship funds will be utilized.
- Curriculum Vita or Resume (no more than 3 pages)
- Statement of Interest (one page)
- Two Letters of Recommendation